- Alexandria, Minnesota (US)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Business Development
Electrical Estimator Position Summary
The Electrical Estimator position will provide professional support, estimates, and sales to all existing and potentially new commercial and residential customers to sustain the electrical department’s progressive growth within Ellingsons. Estimates will focus on both short duration, quick-turn-around renovation, and new construction or redesign projects of an electrical nature.
This position is a broad, cross-functional position that requires working across multiple departments to provide technical expertise to all departments and customers. When communicating with the customer base, the sales department may depend on the Electrical Estimator to answer questions, provide cost estimates for projects, and confirm technical functionality outside the realm of its knowledge to help close a sale. They may also be asked to confirm specifications, standards, and changes to projects.
This position’s responsibility is to take ownership of their customer base through adequate communication, service requests, and planned or unplanned replacement options.
Essential Job Functions
- Support Sales Team on calls to new and existing customers
- Support project managers with their electrical needs
- Provide input into electrical equipment/tools
- Review electrical bidding opportunities
- Assist VP of Business Development and VP of Operations in making electrical decisions within the commercial, service, and residential electrical departments
- Collaborate with Operations on processes and procedures
- Seek potential commercial and residential customers for electrical power wiring, low voltage, data cabling, BAS (Building Automation Systems), lighting retrofits, and maintenance programs by cold call, phone, email, mailings, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with commercial and residential customers
- Produce cost estimates for sales opportunities
- Document and Report all sales activity to the VP of Business Development weekly through a sales log.
- Create new construction sales opportunities for Ellingsons and Automated Technologies
- Stay current on equipment, technology, rebates, and grants associated with trade specific opportunities
- Attends weekly sales meeting
- Attends other meetings as required
- Introduce modified, improved, and/or advanced technology to current or potential customers to resolve an issue.
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Assist in the planning, design, and deployment of advanced electrical systems and equipment.
- Provide application support to Sales teams and to customers for highly complex technical issues.
- Specialize in and develop technical skills
- Develop and demonstrate leadership skills through opportunities to coach and mentor others.
- Assist Business Development in developing Ellingsons electrical product/service offering and identify markets in which to compete.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and its application.
- Travel to project job sites to support start-up, integration, and training.
- Resolve customer conflict issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future business growth.
- Perform technical /product training for salespeople, estimators, and field staff.
- Stay current in the electrical field, including codes, materials, equipment, and test equipment.
- 10 years of installation/service experience in the commercial and residential electrical industry
- Maintain company Master Electrical License for specified states with readiness to obtain licensing in additional states as deemed necessary by VP of Business Development
- Ability to design and estimate custom mechanical and electrical solutions
- Solution thinking
- Ability to deliver on departmental metrics
- Proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel, Outlook, and Web Search
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationships throughout the company and customer base
Sales Skills and Qualifications
- Mechanical, Electrical & DDC Equipment Knowledge/Application
- Plumbing, Electrical & HVAC Code Knowledge
- Foster Teamwork
- Proven working experience in service or installations
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Building Relationships
- Organizational Astuteness
- People Skills
- free family health, dental and vision insurance
- free life insurance
- free short-term disability insurance
- tuition assistance
- scholarship program
- 401k match
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- uniform allowance
- paid time off and paid holidays
Founded in 1980, Ellingsons provides customers the best mechanical and electrical solutions. With over 100 employees in Alexandria, Minnesota, as well as Dickinson North Dakota, we serve these communities while maintaining a family-like environment.
Our highly-trained staff works closely with residential and commercial customers. We design, install and maintain our customers’ plumbing, HVAC, electrical, fireplace, fabrication, service, and commercial building automation needs. Learn more.
Posted: October 5th, 2021