- Alexandria, Minnesota (US)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Automated Technologies
The Building Automation Sales Representative will seek potential commercial customers for Building Automation System (BAS) equipment installation and replacement. Develop and maintain relationships with customers.
It is the Sales Representative’s responsibility to take ownership of their customer base through strong communication, maintaining their support agreements, service requests, and planned or unplanned replacement options.
Essential Job Functions
- Seek customers in person, and/or by phone, email, direct mail, past relationships, etc.
- Create, sell, and update service agreements.
- Produce sales opportunity estimates
- Document and report all sales activity to the Automated Technologies Director.
- Create new construction sales opportunities.
- Stay current on Automated Logic equipment, technology, rebates, and grants.
- Facilitate informational meetings with potential clients and engineering firms.
- Provide point list, budget, and material sheets to the Director.
- Submit job set-up forms to the Accounting Department.
- Provide customer training.
- Follow up with customers after project completion.
- Provide professional support, estimates, and solutions to all existing and new customers.
- Estimates will primarily focus on all project types such as (replacements, remodels, new builds, and design-build.) as well as support agreements to complement.
- Ten years of installation/service experience in the commercial mechanical industry
- Minimum of 2 years in Direct Digital Control Building Automation.
- Organizational skills
- Solution thinking
- Ability to deliver on departmental metrics
- Proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel, Outlook, and Web Search
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationships throughout the company and customer base
BAS Sales Skills and Qualifications
- Mechanical and DDC equipment knowledge/application
- Foster teamwork
- Proven working experience in service or installations
- Promote process improvement
- Build relationships
- Organizational astuteness
- People skills
- free family health, dental and vision insurance
- free life insurance
- free short-term disability insurance
- tuition assistance
- scholarship program
- 401k match
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- uniform allowance
- paid time off and paid holidays
Founded in 1980, Ellingsons provides customers the best mechanical and electrical solutions. With over 100 employees in Alexandria, Minnesota, as well as Dickinson North Dakota, we serve these communities while maintaining a family-like environment.
Our highly-trained staff works closely with residential and commercial customers. We design, install and maintain our customers’ plumbing, HVAC, electrical, fireplace, fabrication, service, and commercial building automation needs. Learn more.
Posted: October 29th, 2019