2020 Golf for a Cure Tournament
The fight against cancer won’t be postponed.
Wow, what a fantastic day of golf we had on Monday, July 27, 2020! Mother nature sure came through!
A massive shout out of thanks goes out to Alexandria Golf Club for their hospitality and meticulously-maintained course. To our event sponsor, Elden’s Fresh Foods, for their endless community support. And to our lunch sponsor Alexandria Industries, for their commitment to Relay For Life as the Top Fundraising Team in Minnesota.
We’re grateful to all the teams, hole sponsors, donors, and volunteers who make this annual tournament so successful.
Their support to Douglas County Relay for Life helps continue programs like cancer screening, 24/7 support, and research for treatment and cures. Programs that are critical for cancer patients now and in the future.
We had a 3-way tie for 1st Place!
Douglas Machine won the Scorecard Playoff with an Eagle on #14 (AGC’s #2 handicap hole). SVL Inc placed 2nd, beating GoodNeighbor Properties & C.I. Construction with an Eagle on #8 (AGC’s 9th handicap hole).
1st – Douglas Machine | Joe Kuperus, Tom Chartier, Tom Wosepka, Chris Haugen
2nd – SVL Inc | Ben Eisenschenk, Nate Johnson, Jeff Foss, Evan Johnson
3rd – GoodNeighbor Properties & C.I. Construction | Rob Thompson, Ted Thompson, Ted Christenson, Fred Strege
- Men’s Longest Drive – CJ Houkum | Bethany on the Lake
- Women’s Longest Drive – Jackie Holte | Glenwood State Bank
- Closest to the Pin – Adam Daniels | 100.7 KIK-FM
- Longest Putt – Eddie Rief | Bethany on the Lake
- Closest to the Purple Toilet – Mike Weber | Ferguson & Kohler
- In the Circle 50/50 – Ryan Hjelle | Ellingson & Innovative Builders
- Glass Challenge – Jon Sarkilahti | Leaf Valley Mercantile